- To make an appointment with Meharry Medical Group (which includes the Departments of Family Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology OB/GYN, and Pediatrics; along with Total Health Medical and Dental, and Meharry Family Medicine at Skyline), call the main appointment line at 615.327.6348 (MD4U) or make your appointment online through our patient portal.
- For appointments at Meharry’s Internal Medicine Clinic (housed at Nashville General Hospital) call 615.341.4968.
- For appointments at the Meharry Wellness Clinic call 615.327.5788.
- For appointments at the Lloyd C. Elam Mental Health Center call 615.327.6495.
- For appointments at the Family Medicine Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Clinic call 615.327.5875.
- For appointments at the student Dental Clinic in the Meharry School of Dentistry call 615.327.6900.
Meharry Clinic – 1810 Albion St., Nashville, TN 37208
- If your appointment is in the Family Medicine Clinic, Pediatrics Clinic or Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) Clinic, please register at the central registration desk in the main lobby of the first floor.
- If your appointment is with the Meharry Wellness Clinic or the Family Medicine Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Clinic please register on the third floor directly with the clinic.
Internal Medicine Clinic-1818 Albion St., Nashville, TN 37208
- If your appointment is with the Internal Medicine Clinic, please register directly at the Internal Medicine Clinic which is located on the 1st floor of Nashville General Hospital.
- For appointments at Meharry at Skyline, Total Health Medical and Dental or the Lloyd C. Elam Center, please register at the front desk.
What to Bring to Your Visit
- I.D. (such as driver’s license and/or passport)
- Insurance Card
- Payment for co-pay (such as cash, check or credit card)
- List of current medications
- If you are a new patient and would like to bring medical records from a previous provider, you are more than welcome to do so.
What to Expect During Your Visit
- When you arrive for your visit, please check-in at the registration desk. If you are registering for an appointment in the Family Medicine Clinic, Pediatrics Clinic or Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) Clinic, our staff at the central registration desk on the first floor will verify your information and direct you to the clinic where you have your appointment. Once inside the clinic waiting room, you will sign-in at the clinic desk and wait to be called.
- Parking is available for patients of the Meharry Clinic in the parking garage on Albion Street, directly across the street from the clinic. Patients parking in the Albion Street garage will receive a ticket that can be validated by our clinic staff. For parking validation, please take your ticket to the front desk after your visit.
- Meharry Medical Group will bill your health insurance plan for the services provided. Secondary billing will also be billed, if applicable. Once all insurances have paid into your account, you will receive a monthly statement if a balance is due. Payment is expected within thirty (30) days, unless alternative arrangements are made. Please be prepared to pay a co-pay during your visit. Financial counseling is available for patients who need payment assistance.
We accept the following methods of payments:
- Personal Check
- You may also pay online via our patient portal.
- For patients with limited or no insurance coverage, we have developed a comprehensive financial assistance program to assist with paying your medical bill. For information about the programs we offer, or to ask questions about your account, please contact our Billing Office at 615.327.5760.
- Meharry Medical Group provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English. Patients who need translation services should notify the patient service representative at the front desk.
Hours of Operation
- Meharry Medical Group is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., we offer extended hours at Total Health Medical and Dental in Antioch on Wednesdays until 7 p.m.
After Hours and Emergency Contacts
- For life-threatening emergencies, call 911.
- If you have an urgent medical issue after hours that cannot wait until the next business day, please call 615.327.6348 (MD4U) and ask the operator to help you get in touch with the doctor on-call.
- If you need an appointment after 5 p.m., please visit our Total Health Medical and Dental Clinic in Antioch on Wednesdays when it’s open until 7 p.m.
- If you are not sure if your situation is an emergency, click here to view information on when to go to the emergency room.
Notice to Patients:
- This practices serves all patients regardless of ability to pay. Discounts for our essential services are offered based on family size and income. For more information call 615.327.5760.
Nondiscrimination Policy and Discrimination Complaint Form:
- Meharry Medical Group does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual identification, or disability (including, but limited to HIV/AIDS, substance use disorders, language/communication needs, mental/behavioral health concerns), in admission to, participation in, or receipt of services or benefits under any of its programs or activities.
- Download full policy and Discrimination Complaint Form (English)
- Download full policy and Discrimination Complaint Form (Spanish)