Patient-Centered Medical Home
At Meharry Medical Group (MMG), we care for our patients using a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Model of Care. That means, we work as a TEAM to improve your health. At minimum, your health care team will include:
- A doctor
- A Nurse/medical assistant
- A Care-coordinator
- A Patient service representative
- YOU & a family member of your choice.
In a Patient-Centered Medical Home, we are committed to getting to know our patients, both medically and personally. We provide care that is specific to your needs and treatments that will work best for you.
In a PCMH, patients have responsibilities as well. It is the patient’s responsibility to share medical or other concerns they are experiencing outside of the doctor’s office. Our patients are encouraged to tell us if they are having problems following their doctor’s plan of care.
Some very common problems our patients share with us are:
- Difficulty getting or taking medicines
- Difficulty purchasing the food they should be eating
- Difficulty finding transportation to doctor appointments
- Emergency Room visits since their last appointment
- Hospitalizations since their last appointment
When we know there is a problem, we can help.
We also make it easy for our patients to get their lab and test results and speak directly with a care team member. Patients may choose to receive their results by phone, mail or secure email.
The first step is to schedule an appointment online or call us at: 615.327.6348 (MD4U).
We look forward to hearing from you and earning your trust.